The might of the Black Panther
Upon becoming chief of the Panther Clan and king of Wakanda, T'Challa was entitled to eat the ceremonial Wakandan Heart-shaped Herb, which provided him with enhanced strength, endurance, and reflexes. The herb can only be digested by Wakandan Royalty, and acts as a poison to those not of the royal bloodline. The Heart-shaped Herb also heightened T'Challa's senses to superhuman levels. Later blessings from the Panther Goddess elevated his enhanced strength, endurance, and reflexes to superhuman levels.
- Black Panther Knowledge: He now has the power to draw all the knowledge, strength, and every experience from every previous Black Panther.
- Superhuman Agility: T'Challa's agility, balance, and bodily coordination were heightened to the pinnacle of human development upon digesting a special herb. His reaction time is far superior to most opponents and any Olympic level gymnast that has ever competed, which allows him to evade attacks from potential enemies.
- Superhuman Senses: The Heart-shaped Herb elevated T'Challa's sense of sight, hearing, and smell. His superhuman senses enables him to see within complete darkness and hear sounds that ordinary humans can not. T'Challa has memorized thousands of scents and is proficient in tracking them. His sense of smell is powerful enough to allow him to smell fear and detect if someone is lying, by sensing a change in their body odor.
- Superhuman Strength: Originally, The Heart-shaped Herb enhanced T'Challa's physical strength to the pinnacle of human perfection, which allowed him to lift/press upwards of 800 lbs. Black Panther has demonstrated exceptional feats of strength like wrestling down a Rhino into submission, knocking out a Polar Bear, stopping an Elephant's charge, sending Namor flying with a kick (despite his opponent's superhuman durability), destroying a water mill by bracing himself on the ground and flexing his muscles, even killing a T-Rex dinosaur while using a palm tree as a catapult while in a weakened state. The current extent of T'Challa's strength is unknown, but he has shown to be able to lift more than 5 tons, as a baseline. When invoking the strength of his ancestors, his strength level increases by several times over his baseline.
- Superhuman Stamina/Endurance: Years of conditioning and training, combined with the effects of the Heart Shaped Herb, allows T'Challa to exert his body to higher degrees of stress. He can endure more physical stress than average humans, and. can tolerate large amounts of physical pain.
- Superhuman Durability: T'Challa's ability to endure and resist damage is exceptionally high for a human. His body can withstand powerful crushing blows and puncture wounds. The effects of the Heart Shaped Herb, combined with a vibranium-laced suit, allows T'Challa to heal at an accelerated rate far superior to the average man. He also possesses a nigh-invulnerability to various diseases, poisons, virus/bacteria, etc.
- Healing Factor: Due to a Heart shaped Herb, T'challa's natural healing is at its peak.
- Superhuman Speed: T'Challa can run/move at superhuman speeds. He can run in excess of 50mph without fully exerting himself. His top speed is unknown.
- King of the Dead: As of late, T'Challa has relinquished his title as Wakanda Monarch to his sister, and has since then become the overseer of Wakanda's "City of the Dead" (The Necropolis). Upon becoming the "King of the Dead", the Panther Goddess granted T'Challa a blessing that elevated his power levels. The blessing also gave T'Challa the ability to access the knowledge and experiences possessed by previous Wakandan kings/queens.
- Genius-level Intellect: T'Challa is a master tactician, physicist, and engineer. He has been groomed in battle tactics since his youth by his father, who encouraged him to always think two steps ahead of his enemies and three steps ahead of his friends. His exceptional tactical prowess has enabled him to out maneuver individuals such as Reed Richards, Tony Stark, and Dr. Doom. T'Challa's knowledge of physic and engineering ranks him among the top eight intellects of the world. He has proven to be able to invent weaponry that rivals his peers engineering capabilities such as: Kimoyo, the Quinjet, and most notably "Shadow Physics," which combines alchemy and science. T'Challa (along with Reed Richards) was able to reverse engineer (and recreate) multiple inter-dimensional bombs capable of destroying entire planets.
- Master Combatant: T'Challa has been groomed to be a warrior since birth. He is a master in practically all forms of armed and unarmed combat, having mastered various styles of martial art from around the world. He is a formidably skilled swordsman and often wields daggers, spears, and has even wielded the Ebony Blade. T'Challa is widely considered to be one of top martial artists in the world. He has stalemated, and at times even gained the upper hand, against various highly skilled martial artist such as: Iron Fist, Captain America, Daredevil etc. in combat. in hand to hand fights to an extent that in his full potential, he was able to defeat Captain America in a few moves, and overpower Wolverine twice without much difficulty, even when Wolverine was using his claws. Captain America himself said that when he won against T’Challa, T’Challa was not his usual self, seeming weaker than he actually was.
Weapons Master: T'Challa has mastered all known weapons.
Master Acrobat: T'Challa is a rigorously trained gymnast and acrobat.
Expert Marksman: T'Challa is a master marksman adept with hunting knives, firearms, and other projectile weaponry.
- Master Tactician: T'Challa is a genius tactician, strategist, and leader who is practically peerless. He was taught tactics and strategies in his youth by his father who encouraged him to always think two steps ahead of his enemies and three steps ahead of his friends. His prowess is such that he is able to out think and out maneuver individuals such as Tony Stark, and other geniuses.
Expert Tracker & Hunter: Even without his superhuman senses, he is a master tracker and hunter. He can pick up a prey's scent and memorize tens of thousands of individual ones.
Multilingual: T'Challa can fluently speak his native language, English, and other various languages.
- Master Inventor: T'Challa can invent various devices with special properties when needed. While not all of his inventions are as good as others made by Tony Stark and so on, he possesses engineering abilities and intellect that makes him a peer and has proven to be able to invent and create weaponry that rivals their engineering capabilities. T'Challa can also duplicate practically any other technologies after learning how they work or by glancing at the designs.
- Highly Influential Connections: As king of Wakanda, the T'Challa has access to a vast collection of magical artifacts, technological and military hardware, as well as the support of his nation's wide array of scientists, adventurers, and superheroes.
- Diplomatic Immunity: As the leader of a sovereign nation, T'Challa often visits the United States or the United Nations for political reasons. He enjoys diplomatic immunity during these trips, and his embassy is considered foreign soil.
- Substantial Wealth: T'Challa is Wakandan Royalty, thus he has access to a vast amount of wealth due to the advanced technology he has created/invented, and the stores of vibranium possessed by his country. His wealth surpasses that of Tony Stark, whose net worth is in the billions.
Weapons and Equipment
As royalty of a technological advance nation, T'Challa has access to some of the most advance technologies in the world. As a proud warrior, he primarily relies on his keen intellect and combat prowess, but will often use a few key gadgets.
- Vibranium Microweave Mesh: The microweave robs incoming objects of their momentum; bullets do not ricochet off, but simply fall to the ground when they come in contact with the weave. Likewise, the Panther cannot be stabbed, however, the costume (and Panther) can be cut if the attacker slashes along the uniform's grain. Combined with his durability, it has even withstood blows from extremely powerful beings such as the Hulk.
- Anti-Metal Claws: Retractable Golden Vibranium Claws that allow its wielder to cut through various metals by breaking it down on a molecular level.
- Energy Daggers: Energy constructed blades. The wielder has the ability to gauge between power levels, releasing a beam, powerful enough to slice through various structures and foe. This weapon can also be fired as a projectile. Energy daggers are T'Challa's default weapon of choice in armed combat situations.
- Boots: Vibranium-based boots that allow T'Challa to scale great heights with little effort. This combined with his enhanced panther-like reflexes allows T'Challa to leap and land from great heights without sustaining injury. Using his Vibranium Boots, he can sometimes skim through water and cling to walls.
- Projectiles: T'Challa possess non-lethal (gelatin/rubber) and lethal projectiles that are usually fired from his gauntlets. However, they are sometimes depicted firing from his claws or Energy Daggers.
- Ebony Blade: T'Challa possess the Ebony Blade of The Black Knight, which he uses for combat purposes.
- Other weapons: Swords, spears, shields, knives, clubs, quivers and arrows. A large variety of firearms and other weapons used for close range, as well as technological weapons and devices such as a large 'power glove.'
- Energy Shield: Wakandan tech that creates a shield constructed of energy.
- Cloaking Technology: The cloak can be elongated, shortened or eliminated with a thought, and the entire costume can be covered allowing it to pass as normal street clothes or render T'challa completely invisible.
- Kimoyo Card: An extremely powerful portable supercomputer/PDA invented by T'Challa. It has the ability to access/hack technological interfaces via Wakandan satellites. It functions similarly to the Avengers' communicards, but with many more practical applications. In one instance, the Panther called up a schematic of a jumbo jet's cockpit controls and took command of the plane, landing the plane safely in a river. "Kimoyo" is Bantu for "of the spirit".
- Teleporter: Wakandan tech, seemly built into T'Challa's gauntlets, that allows him to instantly transport small distances.
Panther Habit (Vibranium Suit)
As chieftain of the Wakandan Panther Clan, the ruler is crowned with a ceremonial regalia in the form of a vibranium laced panther habit. T'Challa received this crown-like garb after being judged by the Panther Goddess. This uniform has the ability to absorb vibrations via its vibranium lacing. It also has the ability to negate and/or lessen powerful kinetic based attacks such as bullets shots, penetrating blades, and crushing blows. The lenses in the mask cut glare and enhance the Panther's natural night vision. It also allows him to see in infra-red and other visual spectrum. The suit features cloaking technology.
Modern upgrades to the suit allow also it to absorb the impact energy from enemy attacks, which can then be redistributed as kinetic bursts.
T'Challa possess specialized Thrice-blessed Armor and Light Armor for specific tasks.