The owner of an extremely popular string of nightclubs known as Bei Tempi across the globe, Jezebel (otherwise known as Jess) is an extremely ambitious woman with a proclivity joining her workers whenever she gets the chance. Jess is overtly sexual, with every movement seemingly designed to accentuate her look and bring forth desire from those who see her. Loving to be the center of attention, Jess relishes in the moments where she gets to be around other people. Whether it be on the dance floor, out in public spaces, or in privacy, those are the moments she lives for. She adores physical contact, whether it be hugs, kisses, or even just simple touches, a part of her always tries to maintain some form of contact with someone else. This gets her in trouble at times as she will seemingly hit on people who are taken, or who have no interest in women, even if that isn't her intention.
Jess grew up with foster parents, having been adopted at the young age of four. She knows nothing of her birth parents as she was told she was found abandoned outside of the hospital she was born. Her foster parents, Ben and Carla, raised her as their own, and gave her the best life they could. She was enrolled in dance classes from a young age to teach her balance and grace, and enrolled in self-defense classes to teach her to protect herself.
When she was sixteen, something inside her told her it was time to leave. She didn't want to, but she never could shake the sensation, and she finally went off on her own. At the age of eighteen, just two years later, she was already in the process of building her business up, which would eventually turn into The Rose Bud. Three years later, her franchise was growing exponentially, and beginning to build up all across the country.
All throughout her life, Jess has been prone to relationships, but she's never been able to make any stick. Her very demeanor, her flirtatious attitude that begins her relationships, also dooms them. She's never been able to keep her hands to herself, and no one has ever understood. Thusly, she leaves a trail of heartbreak in her wake, and a never-ending string of ex-lovers behind her. Now, she never looks for a relationship, instead just looking for someone to ease the loneliness for a night. Despite her dominate personality (or possibly because of it), she is secretly a submissive, preferring for someone to come in and dominate her (but not overly aggressive with it).
Everything Jess knows about herself is a lie. The memories she has were all implanted in her mind, only the latest life she's believed she has lived. For the truth read below:
This is the original story behind Shamhat/Jezebel/Jess, and is used mostly for fantasy/sci-fi roleplays only. For any real-world/reality storylines, the above story will be the main background.
Genesis, the group of people who thought that the world needed to be saved through any means necessary. This group saw the evil in the world, and sought to find a way to end it. They began experimenting on humans, injecting them with drugs and different genetics. None took well, and every subject died. But this didn�t hinder their progress. What small successes they did find showed them the way. Humans couldn�t accept the new genetics. They needed to create their own, engineer their own people. They had to play God.
The first child they �birthed� didn�t last long, but it did pave the way. For decades they worked in secret, perfecting the science they needed. Finally, they reached their breakthrough when they found the first survivor. Her name was Bia, but she was two powerful. They had no way of controlling her, of containing her. She slaughtered her handlers and escaped into the world. Genesis had to once again start over. And they realized what they did wrong. Now, the birth of the true creations of darkness was beginning.
The creations of darkness were unique, in many ways. Each was created in pairs, like night and day, like good and evil. One always came into existence with the other as a means of control. It was a system of checks and balances, designed to keep them in control. If one got out of line, the other was there to keep her in check. The �Reapers�, as these creations became known as, were birthed for one reason: to repent the world using any means necessary. This usually resorted to violence.
Shamhat Lanfear is a Reaper. Known to Genesis simply as �Subject Zero�, she was the strongest they ever created. She was birthed with the powers of two Reapers, an experiment to see if they could combine both vessels and still maintain control. It failed horribly.
Shamhat could not be controlled. Despite everything Genesis did, they were unable to find any way to coral her powers. The being they created, in an attempt to save the world, threatened to destroy it's very existence.
After months of countless tests causing unbearable pain, Genesis was prepared to scrap Subject Zero as a failure. There was no controlling a being of her power. However, they did not count of her will to survive. Before they could pull the plug, Shamhat tore herself out of her cell and rushed down the halls. Every ability they instilled in her, every skill they honed in her, was used against them. Before she left, she made sure every scientist was killed so they could never perform these experiments again.
Centuries passed, and she was alone. No one knew her, knew anything of her. Every record was destroyed or covered up. The name "Reaper" was attributed to death, and always showed an image of a skeleton in a black robe with a scythe. That was fine with her. Let them believe what they wanted. It made it that much easier for her to stay hidden. But one other Reaper survived the destruction of the lab. Designated Subject Thirteen, but named Theia Lanfear, she was stronger, faster, and more ruthless than Shamhat herself. These two fought on many occassions, with Shamhat barely able to scrape together a last-ditch effort to force a draw.
Shamhat has been known by many names throughout her life, but usually reverts back to one of her favorites: Jess. She uses the name Jess as shorthand for the name Jezebel, which can mean Harlot, a term synonymous with the name Shamhat.
Shamhat�s Psychic Abilities:
- Astral Projection- this is the ability to send your conscious out of your body anywhere else, and have your true form show to whoever is there
- Aura Reading- This is the ability for a psychic to see in and around a subjects Aura. This is also said to show someone�s true intentions, and whether or not they are lieing.
- Channel(Channeling)- when a separate intelligence enters the mind and or body of the psychic and then uses that body/mind to communicate messages directly to the audience. A psychic is not interpreting the information. In a channeling situation the message passes through as if the intelligence was using the body and mind of the psychic to hear you and to speak to you directly. Also referred to when healing energy is channeled through a psychic or spiritual medium
- Empath- takes on other people's feelings of pain or pleasure, actually feeling the emotions of others. For a psychic empathy healer it is an ability that can help in relating the symptoms and cause of a client's ailment
- Levitation- Objects, people, and animals are lifted into the air without any visibly physical means and float or fly about
- Morphing- the ability to move from normal to paranormal dimensions and return at will, and occasionally even bring creatures or items back
- Precognition- Knowledge or awareness of the future, obtained through extra sensory perceptions
- Pyrokinesis- is the ability to start and control fires with the mind
- Scrying- Term for psychic gazing or seeing. As in gazing into a crystal ball or seeing through a reflective surface. Scrying is an inner vision while de-focusing on an outer object
- Telekinesis- The ability to move objects with your mind
- Telepathy- Using extra sensory perception for communication between minds over distance or though any barrier obstructing recognition from normal sight, speech or reading body language