Tell us about your character’s parents.
1. Where were they born? Julian’s dad was born in hell. Julian’s mom was born in heaven
2. Did they have happy childhoods? Julian’s mother had a great childhood. Julian’s father on the other hand? Grew up in hell: fighting for what he wanted. Stabbing anyone in the back to get up there in ranks. But he enjoyed it the whole time.
3. Were they wealthy, poor, comfortable? Julian’s mother did not need material worth. But according to humans she would probably be wealthy with what she did have. Julian’s father was poor until he made something of himself in hell.
4. What was their social class? Julian’s mother was a guardian angel assigned to a certain human being. Julian’s father was born a lowly demon and made himself into a powerful one with years of backstabbing.
5. Were they well educated? Julian’s mother was created with all knowledge. Julian’s father on the other hand? He educated himself and it wasn’t as well as he wanted it to be.
6. What were the most important things that happened to them? They met each other
7. Did they have any history of illness – physical or mental? Neither one of them had any.
8. Did any major world conflict or change in the world affect them? The War between Heaven and Hell. That is what brought them to each other’s attention in the first place
After birth – baby
1. Was your character raised by one of these parents? One or both? Julian was not raised by either of them. After the battle between Heaven and Hell they were separated. Julian’s mother was found pregnant. God casted her out of heaven. She gave birth to Julian and later died because of it. Julian’s father had no idea of his creation until centuries later when Julian was older.
2. If not, who was the caregiver? What was the relationship between the two of them? How did it affect your character? A random person found him on the streets, crying and cold. It just so happens that very person wasn’t a human being at all. Believe it or not Lucifer had been wondering Earth and found him. He took him to hell and gave him to Asmodeus: the demon who tempted men into wantonness. Why Lucifer picked up a random half-demon and brought him to hell no one knows…. or dares to question him.
3. What expectation do the character’s parents / caregivers have for this child? Asmodeus expects Julian to be better than him. Although that will never happen as he is so quick to remind Julian. But doesn’t mean Asmodeus does not demand it of him and push him to greatness.
Becoming – childhood
1. Where do they live? Julian lives in hell. He does not venture out into the human world until he is way older
2. Is your character considered plain, ugly, beautiful? Would the character agree with this assessment? How has this definition of their looks affected them? Julian is considered quite plain. He is not ugly, but he is not beautiful. His mother was a beautiful creature and his father was an ugly one. Mix those together and you get plain. Julian would not care if you thought he was plain, ugly or beautiful. He wasn’t there to be ogled at.
3. Does your character lose a parent/caregiver? Julian’s mother is dead. His father is alive but has gone missing. And Asmodeus is very much alive and doing what he was meant to do.
4. Does his or her social status change during childhood? If it does, why does this happen and how does it affect the character? Julian’s social status stays the same throughout his childhood thanks to Asmodeus
5. What is your character’s relationship with his or her caregivers like? They are close. Asmodeus raised him from a baby so it was bound to happen. Demons aren’t heartless or emotionless as humans would depict them.
6. Who does your character love most when he or she is a child? Asmodeus…. although Julian would deny it greatly. And Amon: the hellhound that was gifted to him when he was young.
7. Do they have brothers or sisters? What are their names? Are they older or younger? How do these relationships affect them? Julian has no siblings
8. Do they have relationships with any other family members? Julian has no other relationships with anyone outside of Asmodeus and the occasional relationship with Lucifer.
9. Is your character an introverted or extroverted child? Julian was very extroverted as a child.
10.Is he or she popular? He was being raised by Asmodeus. A demon from the first hierarchy. So Julian was popular only by association.
11.What is the character’s greatest fear? Julian greatest fear was disappointing Asmodeus and Lucifer.
Growing – adolescence
1. As your character becomes a teenager, where does he or she live? Julian lives wherever he feels like living. He hops back and forth between hell and Earth.
2. How has the character’s life changed? Lucifer allowed him on Earth. So now Julian can go out and live his life. He can go out and cause havoc. He can put his demonic side to good use.
3. Parents? Julian’s mother is still dead. Julian’s father is still missing. Asmodeus has made up for both in Julian’s mind.
4. Siblings? Julian has absolutely no siblings
5. Friends? His hellhound Amon is his friend. The only one Julian needs.
6. Love Interests? Julian has slept with a few males and females in his life but none that would be considered love interests.
7. School? He was taught by Asmodeus in their home. Or Julian goes out and figures out the world by himself.
8. Social status? Julian is still as popular as ever thanks to who raised him.
9. As your character’s sexuality becomes more fixed, does he or she fit into the norms of society? If not, how does he or she feel different? By Earth standards? Julian does NOT fill into the norms of society. Hell, on the other hand? He’s normal.
10.What words would you use to describe your character’s style? Dress sense? Julian goes for what is in fashion sometimes, but most of the time he’s all for the bad boy style clothing. Metal band shirts, leather jackets and jeans.
11.Who does he or she admire? Julian admires how Asmodeus and the other hierarchy demons hold themselves: with such dignity and class. He thrives to be just like that one day
12.Is there a genre of music/books/games that he or she enjoys? Julian is a big fan of books: from horror to action/adventure. He will read romance novels only to make fun of them the whole time. He’s a nerd for video games. Anyone can find him playing a video game when he is not working. Julian listens to all types of music except for rap
13.Is there anything that happens during these years that forces your character to mature quickly? Asmodeus threw him onto the streets of Earth for a couple of years. That quickly had Julian growing up. He learned to fend for himself. To rely on absolutely no one but himself.
14.What is the character’s relationship with his or her caregivers like? Still as close as ever although they do not see each other as often. Asmodeus is a very busy being.
15.Is your character independent? Do the caregivers give him or her freedom and responsibilities than the average teenager? Asmodeus for the most part allows Julian to do what he wants. If it darkens his character and/or embarrasses him the man is quick to cut Julian down and put him in his place.
16.Is your character prepared to become an adult? Thanks to Asmodeus and Lucifer, Julian is very much prepared to become an adult and become his own man.
17.Who does your character love most during these years? Amon. The hellhound was with him through everything. And of course, Asmodeus. Julian would not be the man he is today if it was not for Asmodeus.
18.Does your character know what he or she wants to do as an adult? Julian wants to scale the rank of hierarchy and become Lucifer’s top general.
19.What is the character’s greatest fear? It still is and always will be disappointing Asmodeus and Lucifer. They both did too much for him. More then he deserved. He will make them proud.
Settling – adulthood
1. Did your character complete his or her education? Julian has completed everything he can learn.
2. What does your character do for a living? On one of his trips to Earth he ran into an interesting being named Alissa. Julian does runs for her: whatever magical item she needs for whatever reasons Julian is the one who tracks it down and gets it for her.
3. How has the character’s life changed? It’s only changed in one area: Julian lives on his own. Everything else is the same…. except now he’s found love.
4. Life Partners? Jade. He met the lovely woman when she was dropping off an item to Alissa. It took a while to get Jade to even so much as admit to those feelings. But admit them Jade had. And now they are both inseparable.
5. Children? Julian has none now. That could change but not right now.
6. Friends? Amon is still his only friend.
7. Siblings? Julian ended up finding out he has two sisters and a brother: half human and half demon hybrids. They are from his father
8. Parents? Julian’s mother is dead. Julian ended up meeting his father one day. His father had fallen in love with a human female. They are not close at all, but they do talk. He has a stepmom because his father is married to her.
10.What goals does your character have? Julian still has the same goal: becoming Lucifer’s top general.
11.Is your character in a relationship? How many times has he or she been ‘in love’? How have these people influenced the character? Julian is in a relationship with the lovely Jade: it took a while to get her, but Julian did in the end. He had never been in love before meeting Jade. He had other relationships: they were all just physical.
12.How do they see the world? Is it different to when they were children or teenagers? Julian sees the world how he always has: boring. He see’s Earth as a playground of sorts. To do whatever he damned well pleased. Humans were and always would be boring and mundane to him.
14.Is your character independent? Julian is very independent.
15.Does he or she live alone or with somebody? Julian use to live alone until he got with Jade: now he lives with her
16.Does your character have children? Julian does not. It could change
17.What is your character’s favorite quotation? “I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.” He heard that quote once and it stuck with him.
18.Does he or she have a motto? “Keep your eyes on the prize.”
19.What is the character’s greatest fear? Julian still fears disappointing Asmodeus and Lucifer. But now he has another fear: Losing Jade.