Skittles Rainbow Cake Recipe.
3 boxes of Betty Crocker Cake Mix White
3 3/4 cup of water
1 cup of vegetable oil
1 bag (48oz) of Skittles
Food Coloring (Green, Yellow, Orange, Red, and Purple.)
3 tubs Betty Crocker Whipped Frosting Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mis three boxes of cake mix with water, oil, and eggs, blending until incorporated.
2. Divide cake mix evenly into five bowls, and then dye each bowl with food coloring until you’ve achieved your desired colors (green, yellow, orange, red, and purple).
3. Prep your cake pans (8 or 9 inch round) by cutting five circles of parchment paper and placing them in the bottom of each pan, then coating each pan with non-stick cooking spray before adding cake mix.
4. Bake cakes for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once baked, let cakes cool completely before icing.
5. Once cooled, cut the tops of the cakes so they can stack evenly (you can skip the top layer). Spread a layer of icing on top of the first cake, and then place the next cake on top, followed by another layer of icing, repeating until you have stacked all five layers.
6. Once stacked, ice the outside of the cake, making sure the icing is thick enough that Skittles™ will be able to stick to the cake. Once iced, begin placing each row of Skittles™ corresponding with the cake color until you have decorated the entire cake with Skittles™. Make sure the Skittles™ are in even lines, so you can easily slice through the cake.