This is a character profile made for writing. Everything here is fictional. I am not affiliated with Harry Potter as an entity.
1. I am not interested in giving OOC information.
2. I am obviously IC in roleplay exchanges. In my status stream, you may find that I am a mixture of IC and semi-OOC. I can be very casual with my status comments, often aiming to make humorous banter or chit-chat. I understand that some players may not like this, but I will not be stopping.
3. I tend to answer messages semi-IC or IC. Keep this in mind if I sound formal or curt at all.
4. Depending on the number of storylines I have going on, I may limit them. I have a job in RL and personal creative projects that take priority over my work here.
5. The main purpose of me creating this profile was to get in writing practice. It has provided me with low-pressure freewrites that I can do casually and kickstart my motivation to work on other things that I can actually claim as mine. Please keep this in mind when I write here. I won't/can't be investing all of my time into rp.me.
6. Occasionally I do add characters and don't/forget to message them. I understand there is an issue with "collecting" people, and I'd like to explain my thought process if it seems I'm doing it:
Usually, when I add people, I have a need of a specific character-- basically, I sort of keep people as reference for when I've made the time to create an SL idea. Depending on the number of stories I already have going on, that may be a while. In the meantime, if you do desire to speak to me, even if it's just chatting, you're absolutely free to. I'm just trying to explain how I'm not maliciously collecting people.
1. You may send me messages or comments for starters. I have a preference for comments generally, but I am fine writing in messages as well.
2. I am willing to do Canon SLs and AU Sls. We can discuss AU as they surface.
3. I am open to crossovers on a case by case basis.
4. If you are a canon character, you are allowed to send me random starters.
5. I have not read the recent Harry Potter post-war play, and for the moment, do not plan to. So be aware of this.
6. I tend to prefer para-multipara. Novella length is too time consuming and one lining can be boring.
7. The only storylines I will say immediately that I am not very interested in are ones only involving classroom scenes.
8. I will do any era, though my teenaged Snape is still in development.
9. I will be posting headcanons that I follow regarding Snape's family life, history, and personality soon. Although his general storyline is already in place, many players will put their own thought into their characters and how they are played. I will inform you of mine.
10. I also post fan fiction and short pieces on my blog as well, so feel free to peruse.
11. I don't really have 'mains,' exactly. My activity changes with time, and I accept storylines from multiple characters.
12. I have no issues with mirrors either.
13. I partake in many forms of rp with different degrees of obligation-- main plotlines discussed and written in messages or comments, chit chat in the status stream, and mini-status roleplays of semi-para on status and bulletin posts. I enjoy all of these things, so do not be frightened to start one with me.
The way I format these are as follows:
If I have created a status rp for a specific player, I will put "[R]" for reserved before the text. If the rp is open, as in anyone can comment and write, I will put a "[O]" for open. I am also fine with multi-player rps, but I think these should be discussed beforehand to avoid spamming each other with notifications.
Note: Obviously this does not apply to regular statuses-- I don't care who comments on those, and I encourage the interaction. Status RPs will be more obvious, being a large block of prose paired with a picture most likely.
14. As of right now, I am not interested in joining any RPGs. I've never really been into them, and am not in a position to put forth that sort of obligation towards writing here. I prefer one-on-one interactions and discussing stories with those of you directly on my list.
1. I am not interested in any sexually explicit story lines.
2. I am not particularly interested in romantically pairing my character with anyone either.
3. On that note, I absolutely do not want to engage in any rl/ooc relationships with or without my character. I am here strictly for storytelling.
4. There may be themes of drugs, violence, and abuse in my storylines or short pieces. Of course, this does not mean our specific storyline has to include this, but know that it may appear on my page from time to time. That being said, if you have any specific themes you would like to play out with me, I am willing to do most things with the exception of smut.
5. If you are a student/underaged individual who approaches me with some kind of romantic or flirtatious motive, know you are wasting your time, and will only receive a reply expressing how strange and uncomfortable Snape is and nothing else. I think it's important to put this out there before anyone -tries- anything.
6. Other things may make themselves known as time goes on, in which case, I will handle those on a case by case basis.